So its the perfect end to my trilogy. When I first came up to Alaska in 2011, I stayed in Mendenhall Campground for the night. The next morning Kevin and a few other crew leaders picked me up. After I filled out my exit paperwork, Kevin drove me away from the shop. That night I stayed in Mendenhall Campground. That's the way a trilogy should end, making that perfect circle back to the begining. My time with SAGA is over and since I've made that circle, I shouldn't try to make a fourth.
That weekend I went to Brewfest in Haines. The first night I stayed at Portage Cove again. In the morning I packed things down and went over to Carrie's spot and set up next to her. We went for an uneventful hike instead of running the five k. Then we tackled brewfest. On the way back, I got separated from my group and met some interesting characters before being scooped up by the youth core leaders. I went back to their camp for a while. This year I got a hand massage from a chick. If you didn't hear last year I had gotten a hand massage from a gay guy. I went back to my tent and slept until 3 am and saw an amazing sunset? sunrise?
Monday I started at Trailmix. Our current project is making Outerpoint trail wheel chair accessible. That week was gorgeous. A couple times we got to ride the tram up Mt. Roberts to do some work up there. That weekend I helped Carrie clean fiddle head ferns for pickling and hitch hiked for 4 hours. This past week I was a little under the weather so not a whole lot happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment